Crèmou Saute Carrot & Parsnip Ribbons
Pasta replacement. Base of salad. Stir-fry. Whatever. Seems super healthy but it isn't really. It's kinda healthy :)
Carrot & Parsnip ribbons saute in olive oil and a dollop of Crèmou. Still retaining a bite, the veg has a lush nutty, roasted, creamy-ish taste.
Disclaimer: I am not a chef. Just a humble home cook. This recipe has not been tested to be foolproof. As a home cook, it is normal to only use a recipe as a guideline. Cook with your gut and change it up to what you have, want and need. Taste test at each stage and always adjust the seasoning & spices to your taste.
WHAT YOU NEED
Serves 1-2 people.
- Large Carrots x 4
- Large Parsnip x 1
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Crèmou 1-2 tbsp
What to do
- Wash your veg and using a vegetable peeler, peel carrots & parsnip very thinly. Try to get long peels without snapping them.
- Season peels with salt (maybe some pepper or anything else if you feel extra fancy) and carefully toss. Try not to break the peels!
- Heat a frying pan to med/high heat. Once hot, add the oil. Once that is up to temp, add the Crèmou and mix quickly to ensure it does not burn.
- After a few seconds, add all the veg and saute. Try and coat everything with the Crèmou by tossing when needed.
- It is ready when the veg is soften but still retains a bit of bite. Not too soft. Not too hard ;0
- Serve with whatever