Crispy Tahini Tofu Salad with Soured Cream - Features @bathculturehouse Soft Cheese
Don't ask questions about this one. Just enjoy the visually stunning warm-ish salad. Eat with your eyes and all that!
What you need (no measurements - play by ear with what suits you):
- Leaves; I used spinach beetroot mix I got from the shops
- Quinoa (I cooked 100gs for two people)
- 1 Lemon
- Sun-Dried Paste (or use any kind of tomato pesto/paste)
- Tofu; extra firm (about 300g for 2 people)
- Spices; Salt, black pepper, garlic, chilli flakes (optional)
- Tahini; highly recommend getting an authentic one that is properly runny
- Oil ( and tiny bit for frying)
- Bath Culture House Soft Chease (I used their Chipolete one)
- Pomegranate seeds
- Balsamic vinegar (I used this fancy AF one)
- Food by Sumear Soured Cream
What to do
- Cook as per instructions with salt in the water. I made a fair bit, about 30gs is the usual amount per person I think.
- I usually cook 1 part quinoa in grams, with 2 parts water on the hob, covered. As soon as the water starts to boil, put on simmer for 10mins. Then turn off the heat and wait for a minimum of 5 mins. Fork through after.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over
- Let cool down before plating with everything else
- Drain tofu and lightly squeeze off any excess water
- Cube up
- Toss tofu in a bit of oil, and all the spices
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of tahini and coat. Add more if you need it really
- Lightly coat in cornstarch
- In a frying pan, heat on medium-high heat with a bit of oil. Lightly fry. Turn tofu until lightly brown. It should be brown in colour. A bit crispy. Inside is still squidgy. Takes about 10-15mins.
- With the frying pan still on, add a tablespoon of the sun-dried tomato paste. Coat the tofu and fry for a few mins
- Remove all from the pan and let cool down for a bit
- Add the leaves and quinoa
- Place a healthy-ish portion of the Bath Culture House cheese in the middle of your salad (not the whole round like the photo above haha)
- Add tofu
- Scatter crushed walnuts
- Scatter pomegranate seeds
- Dress with Balsamic vinegar
- Drench with Food by Sumear Soured Cream!
- Stuff face