Pastry Cream using Crèmou
Fill a tart, put it into buns, doughs, make a custard type thing, whatever, I've adapted a recipe found online to use the Crèmou for a more fatty creamy and velvety texture.
What you need
- 100g Crèmou
- 260g Soy milk (will work with almond milk)
- 30g Cornstarch
What to do
- In a saucepan, add the plant milk and Crèmou. Use a whisk to combine both together.
- Add the cornstarch and mix well
- On medium-med/high heat, heat the mixture while continuing mixing. You may need to switch to a silicone spatula as the mixture thickens. Ensure the bottom of the pan is stirred so nothing burns.
- After about 5 mins of mixing and the mixture if smooth, thick and velvet, you can remove from the heat and transfer to a container to cool down.
- Ready to use. Place it into the fridge where it will firm up a bit more and safe to use in pasties and stuff