Crispy Tofu & Trímma Warm Salad
Hot mess or....? Yes, platting food in a sexy manner is hard. Don't yell at me.
Warm-ish salad where lightly crispy tofu and Trímma are the stars of the show.
What you need (no measurements - play by ear with what suits you):
- Leaves; I used rocket which had some of that chunky cress in it (yea don't moan at me for not be super specific... just have fun with it ;) )
- 1 Lemon
- Roasted Red Peppers (ones from the jar)
- Black Olive & Sun-Dried Tapenade (or use any kind of olive OR tomato pesto/paste)
- Tofu; extra firm
- Spices; Salt, black pepper, garlic, chilli flakes (optional)
- Sesame seeds
- Oil ( and tiny bit for frying)
- Spring onions
- Food by Sumear Trímma cheese
- Balsamic vinegar
- Food by Sumear Soured Cream (optional)
What to do
- Cook as per instructions with salt in the water. I made a fair bit, about 30gs is the usual amount per person I think.
- I usually cook 1 part quinoa in grams, with 2 parts water on the hob, covered. As soon as the water starts to boil, put on simmer for 10mins. Then turn off the heat and wait for minimum of 5 mins. Fork through after.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over
- Let cool down before plating with everything else
- Drain tofu and lightly squeeze off any excess water
- Cube up
- Slice up roasted red peppers
- Toss tofu in a bit of oil, and all the spices, and sesame seeds
- Lightly coat in cornstarch
- In a frying pan, heat on medium-high heat with a bit of oil. Lightly fry. Turn tofu until lightly brown. It should be light brown in colour. A bit crispy. Inside is still squidgy. Takes about 10mins.
- With the frying pan still on, add a table spoon of the olive paste. Coat the tofu and fry for a few mins
- Add the sliced roasted red peppers, fry for a bit longer
- Remove all from the pan and let cool down for a bit
- Add rocket and quinoa
- Add tofu and pepper mix
- Dollop some hummus in the middle
- Chuck some Food by Sumear Trímma cheese
- Garnish with chopped spring onions
- Dress with Balsamic vinegar & Food by Sumear Soured Cream
Messy? Yes. Good? That's for you to find out (yes).