Yorkie's Filled with Caramelised Apple, Facon, Soured Cream and Smoked Cheese
Grab yourself from of Mabel's yorkshire puddings and try this indulgent creamy and crispy snack ;) This is something I randomly came up with and needs a few tweaks, but feel free to mess around and call it you own :)
Disclaimer: I am not a chef. Just a humble home cook. This recipe has not been tested to be foolproof. As a home cook, it is normal to only use a recipe as a guideline. Cook with your gut and change it up to what you have, want and need. Taste test at each stage and always adjust the seasoning & spices to your taste.
What you need
- Ready make yorkies x 4
- Cooking apples x 3 | Peeled and diced into 1cm chunks
- Maple Syrup x 3 tbsp
- Smoked Paprika
- Silken/soft Tofu x 450g
- Food by Sumear Soured Cream x 3-4 tbsp
- Plant Milk x 1/2 cup
- Fresh Rosemary | diced
- Facon (though I used a vegan Pepperoni cos it was all I had haha) | Diced
- Whisky Oakwood Smoked Cheese x 100g | grated
What to do
- Toss apples in maple syrup and paprika till well counted. Place on baking sheet ensuring apple is well separated. Bake in preheated oven at 180ºc for approx 20 mins till caramelised (browned but not burnt)
- Meanwhile, blend tofu, soured cream, and plant milk.
- Transfer blended mixture into a pot and heat up on low/medium and place in the rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
- When apples are cooked, add half to the pot and heat to a gentle simmer. Crush apples using the back of your spoon. Do this for 5-10 mins
- Add the rest of the cooked apples, facon and the grated cheese. Gently fold in and cook on medium heat.
- Check seasoning and add more plant milk if needed to loosen the mixture up. The cheese will act as a thickener but we don't want this to be runny.
- Bake the yorkies empty as per instructions, but for 20-25mins
- Fill the yorkies with our filling and then bake for a further 10-15 mins (watch the yorkies don't burn)
- Top the yorkies with more cheese and facon, if desired and bake for 5 mins.
- Enjoy while warm :)